Subscribe Today

New Champ option ?

Re: New Champ option ?

Postby FmrCrew » April 27th, 2017, 6:20 am

I guess I am confused...The current model for the champ class for motors is 440cc, and the most expensive motors are $9,000.00 with spares just around 10K...This will get you how many seasons?? I would think 3-4 and lets even throw in a spare motor for another 10K so thats 20K and this should last 3-4 years with spares 25K...that to me doing the math is $6,000.00 to $8,000.00 per year!!! What is wrong with that?? You are not going to make it cheaper than that with new motors everyone has to purchase...Have you all seen vintage motors being built?? ( John you have built some) Some of those are the same price or more than Champ racing and vintage 440 has seen a BOOM!! over 35 entries for ERWC... Motors are not the issue I keep saying, it is the right people to make them fast and drive them, that pool is very small and getting smaller..it won't matter what motor you have the best tuners and drivers will always win..Put any one of the good tuners in champ and they would win every race in F500 with a average driver...

I have no idea how you fix that, but I don't see cost being the real issue with Champ racing as it is..Racing is expensive...You will always have the haves and have not's in what they spend in racing, thats just fact.

TJ
FmrCrew

Postby jhooper/HRE » April 27th, 2017, 7:43 am

TJ,
I agree that engine costs are not the biggest problem but we do have a problem with parts availability.
I know there are quite a few racers that are considering getting in to Champ that lean toward a stock or spec. engine option even though we know it really doesn't save money.
I just think it's time we start considering all possibilities BEFORE we are at a crisis level on parts availability.
John H.
jhooper/HRE

Postby Ovals Forever » October 11th, 2017, 7:10 pm

1987wc wrote:Open chassis no ti studs or backing plates production only 600 and let the teams do any internal mod with twin pipes. There entire sealed fuel system will be handed to them after they check in at race registration and then returned after the race.

Right on take away bite, hand them the fuel, a minimum driver sled weight, and run what you brung Very easy on tech and the spectators will love it, and that is one word that doesn't get mentioned enough "Spectators"

If you don't have spectators you don't have sponsors, if you don't have sponsors you don't have promoters, and if you don't have promoters you don't have racers

Instead of always wondering what racing rules can be changed more focus needs to be put on how many spectators are showing up to the races and what can be done to change that.

Nascar has more rules then the government has laws and all it has done is create empty seats
Ovals Forever

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros