Subscribe Today

Dustin Wahl retiring

Dustin Wahl retiring

Postby JohnPrusak » January 12th, 2018, 1:22 pm

Anybody else see the news about Dustin Wahl hanging up the No. 74 bib? Sounds like his reasoning for doing so is sound, but I'm going to miss seeing him at the track!

Good luck going forward, Dustin!
http://mailchi.mp/7643e25945d4/the-official-retirement-of-74
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Re: Dustin Wahl retiring

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » January 22nd, 2018, 8:25 pm

I was at Dustin's first race and his last race and many of the others during his career. Great driver for sure, but what comes to mind to me about Dustin's career is he was a class act during it. If someone was injured at a race, trust me number 74 was most likely the first driver to stop in and see how his fellow racer was doing.

Wish him all the best in retirement from racing, on another note my spy's tell me soon there maybe another Wahl wearing the number 74!! One much smaller then Dustin, that's a hint for some of you
Spy-Guy 74

Re: Dustin Wahl retiring

Postby RacinFan » January 29th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Terry Wahl was my favorite racer as a kid. But when Terry retired, Dustin became my favorite driver. I’ve talked to him a few times but never at length.

I’ve always admired and will always admire his on track demeanor/skill. He’s as awesome as they get.

I got a chance to say Hi at the derby, and I more than anything appreciate the way he is a true advocate for the sport and everything that goes with it.

Happy retirement Dustin.
Matt Maurer
RacinFan

Return to Ovals & Enduros