Subscribe Today

1st 2018 trail race in the books

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

1st 2018 trail race in the books

Postby yammrhammr » January 25th, 2018, 12:42 pm

we took off from a suburb of the snowmobile capital of the world, Brevort Michigan, on sunday jan 21stheaded up thru trout lake and strongs to raco on some pretty nice trails, then we turned onto the paradise system and had a suspension testing ride for the next 60 miles, on to grand marais system which was good then on to Munising which was tore up pretty good with the halfbreed Yam leading the whole way. a pretty bleak 220 for the day. no Yam shutdowns so icehole was wrong again in his assessment of the issue.

Day two, went to manaistique down the haywire on a perfectly groomed trail with several sideshoots down groomed feeder trails and then back thru seney and newberry to brevort on 6 inches of fresh snow thanks to jaxon for another light day of 280 due to a late start of 10:30 recovering from the brutality of paradise. all trails were good Monday and we were first on the freash snow for most of them and the Yam still performing at a high level to be expected by a Yamaha.

Day three saw a trip to newberry from brevort on perfect trails then back to brevort and then north thru trout lake to Brimley to meet LT who didn't show cuz he and his buddies are old and everything takes forever for them so bsck to the truck and loaded in brevort by 2:00 pm with 260 miles for the day and still no issues form the Yamaha race sled.

race results

1st place=yammrhammr(Yamaha)

2nd place=Eric(Yamaha)

DNS= LTCM(arctic cat)

My underpowered rattletrap chickenchit Fusion 9
yammrhammr

Re: 1st 2018 trail race in the books

Postby frozen cold » January 25th, 2018, 1:52 pm

wow! nice loop yammr! sound like a good time. skunk never has any good stories like this, all he talks about is having no clocks and his retired wife
frozen cold

Postby Long time cat man » January 26th, 2018, 8:20 am

10 miles from a greet and meet and 30 min. for me to get the sled unloaded and dressed to go and you have a burr under yer ass and can't wait to ride with the old guys. After a day and a half of leading my two 62 yr. old young friends they had had enought and we bailed out and headed home yesterday morning. Covered a lot of the same trails you did. Saw a Yamcat way off in the prickers on a corner coming to Newberry from Paradise on trail 45. Had to stop and go make sure the rider wasn't laying in there somewhere. Apparently they abandoned the Yamcat and left it there for the wolves. Speaking of.............dam near had my ski up a coyote's ass on the trail between Newberry and the tee there going towards Naubinway. Wouldn't get off the trail and kept looking back at me but thought I better not get much closer or he might latch onto my leg. Finally got off the trails and jumped his fury ass off into the deep snow. Heard the same bitching from one of my riding partners about the trails south of Paradise. He went into the gas station and started whining about no groomer. Toughen up you cry babies. I had fun on it. Have a room at the Soo Thurs. thru race day if you want to come up next week.
Long time cat man

Postby yammrhammr » January 26th, 2018, 2:17 pm

sorry we couldn't wait an hour on the trail for you
yammrhammr

Postby yammrhammr » January 26th, 2018, 2:28 pm

although some of your pee stops seem like an hour...
yammrhammr

Postby Long time cat man » January 26th, 2018, 7:53 pm

yammrhammr wrote:although some of your pee stops seem like an hour...

Long time cat man

Postby yammrhammr » January 27th, 2018, 11:35 am

yep, that looks familiar.
yammrhammr

Postby frozen cold » January 27th, 2018, 10:05 pm

lol... always keep your legs spread to keep the tinkle off yer bibs when ya shake it dry
frozen cold

Postby 600zrtrx1 » January 28th, 2018, 7:27 am

I find it comical that yammr don't post pix of him always being in front by a ski wid his pos anymore!

Participation award time? LMAO
600zrtrx1

Postby YamaDooed » January 29th, 2018, 11:28 am

Was this a sanctioned race???
YamaDooed

Next

Return to Trash Talkers