Subscribe Today

John Deere book

The name says is all. Got an older sled? Restoring a sled? Discuss your project with other collectors here.

John Deere book

Postby JohnPrusak » January 31st, 2014, 10:01 am

Got a copy of Dick Teal's and Ron Leonard's John Deere Snowmobiles book in the mail this week... 245 pages of Deere snowmobile history, press clippings, stats, etc. Excited to dig into this one this weekend!
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Re: John Deere book

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » February 15th, 2014, 5:44 pm

John let me know if it has anything about Jim Wolfield? Not sure of the spelling of the last name but he raced the Soo etc. David
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Postby JohnPrusak » February 17th, 2014, 10:35 am

I haven't caught any references to a Jim Wolfield yes, Dave, but I haven't read it cover-to-cover. Chapter 8 is entitled "Racing snowmobiles" and there are references to Brian Nelson, Dale Cormican, Roger Jansen, Bobby Enns, Jon Carlson, Criag Knudsen, Ron Reimer, Willie Anseeuw, Tom Otte, Al Anderson, Rj Carlson, Gary Munsee, Ron Commo, Hupert Fixen and many others, but I haven't caught any Wolfields.
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Postby Long time cat man » February 28th, 2014, 9:41 am

WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF wrote:John let me know if it has anything about Jim Wolfield? Not sure of the spelling of the last name but he raced the Soo etc. David

His last name is Wohfeil David. He rode JD's and AC's at the Soo in the late 70's and listed Pontiac, Mi. as his home town.
Long time cat man

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » March 28th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Thanks Long Time Cat Sufferer;)! Do you know from the results if Jim ever won the Soo?? I thought he raced in the mid 70's. David
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Postby Long time cat man » June 2nd, 2014, 7:31 pm

Mid to late 70's, but never won the Soo. Think he was in the top 10 a few times.
Long time cat man

Return to Vintage Sleds Board