Subscribe Today

2012 SOTY

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

2012 SOTY

Postby kh550 » April 24th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Dear Snow Goer Staff,

I'm going to go out on a pretty safe limb here and predict that you'll name an Arctic Cat Procross based sled as the 2012 SOTY. I say this for a number of reasons: 1) it's Cat's 'turn', and even though you don't like to say that.... 2) it's a new chassis and you're going to tell us how the new front suspension; the Torque Control (Engine to Jackshaft) Link Technology; and the other chassis improvements will have brought us a new sled that's going to move our sport forward, and 3) you know you'll be ripped to shreds by Cat fans if you don't choose it. Before I go any further, and for the purpose of disclaimer, my last 6 new sleds have all been Arctic Cat's and my ATV is a Cat as well -- so yeah, I am all about Arctic Cat products.

The reason I am writing this now is that based on what should be your criteria (but isn't) for selecting a SOTY, the Procross sled should be the Snowmobile of the Year. However, based the criteria that you have continued to defend in years past, and choices that have resulted from it, there's another sled that will be more worthy of the choice. I won't say it now -- I'll wait until after the SOTY is announced.

On another note, I want to say thanks and congratulations for bringing a lot of improvments to SnowGoer over the past few years. I believe you truly now have one of the better snowmobile magazines out there. Have a great summer!

Kevin Hooper
Ishpeming, MI
kh550

Return to Dear Snow Goer