Subscribe Today

Big East Show location change

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

Postby ACZL » October 6th, 2011, 9:08 pm

DEar SG,

Not sure what you folks heard while here in Syracuse this past weekend while attending the Big East Show, but many complaints as to it's location which should spur at least an interest in moving it's location. Instead on having it at the OnCenter in Syracuse, why not move it to the Center of Progress building at the NYS Fairgrounds just west of Syracuse by 5 miles and easy to get to from I-90 and I-81? Free parking and plenty of it, lots of room inside. Perhaps talk Shade Tree into returning. Parking and concession fees really ticked many off as well.

Not sure who was in charge of advertising, but there wasn't much of it in Syracuse that I saw, read or heard. In fact, NOT one local news outlet had ANYTHING about the show but went on to cover a breast cancer event on Sun (10-3) and how much money was raised. Sledding is close to a 1 Billion dollar sport in NYS and yet it receives little coverage or attention that is until a accident involving a sled occurs. Shoot, PRR doesn't even get media coverage for it's efforts to raise awareness about breast cancer.

So, I ask the powers that be at SnowGoer to consider moving the Big East Show to the NYS fairgrounds and do some advertising in local area as well.

Thanks.

AC
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Postby Skiduders » October 14th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Man, and that show has been in the OnCenter every year since I can't remember when. I don't recall it being any place else.

Maybe the issue is more about awareness and advertisement?
Skiduders

Return to Dear Snow Goer