Subscribe Today

No Cat ads in premier issue

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

Postby ACZL » August 20th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Dear SnowGoer,

I just received my Premier issue 2012 of SnowGoer and was surprised not to see any ads from Cat in it. There was one each for the other 3 brands, but none from Cat. Wondering why. I doubt very highly that Cat doesn't have their ads ready or unable to get to you in time. Could you please shed some light on this?

Thanks.

AC
2003 F250 SD,CC,4x4,SB,AT,Lariat,6.0PSD
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback 33 LBHTS "Custom":)
Member of The Cedar Creek RV Club
"Creekin' in the Summer"
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
ACZL

Postby SnowmobileNews Moderator » August 22nd, 2012, 3:42 pm

Trust me Mike, we would have loved to had an Arctic Cat ad in the magazine -- probably would have even been a bigger magazine had we had one -- but alas they chose differently... Every year, every manufacturer and their advertising agency have a bunch of decisions to make on how to market their product, and every year it gets more complex with them, with a multiplying of ways to potentially reach customers. Of course, we think our magazine and web site offers a manufacturer a great opportunity to reach the sort of hard-core enthusiast who loves the sport so much that they would spend money to buy a magazine, but then again we are biased on that one (you think?!). We do all sorts of research to find out who our typical reader is, their level of involvement in the sport and the things they like and dislike, and we actually work very hard to make a quality, trustworthy product that makes the readers want to keep coming back, so we know we have a great audience that companies like Cat will likely want to reach. In the end, for whatever reason, Arctic Cat decided that reaching readers with their message in our season premier issue wasn't something they wanted to do this year.
Snowmobile News Moderator
SnowmobileNews Moderator

Return to Dear Snow Goer