Subscribe Today

2015 Sneak Peek

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

2015 Sneak Peek

Postby SnomoDesigner » January 21st, 2014, 2:17 pm

I just found out today that there is a new schedule for the 2015 Sneak Peek. However, I see one OEM is left out. That is Arctic Cat. Why are they left out this year? Are they doing it separately? Or what?

Or do I have to wait for the Big East Snowmobile Show (Syracuse is not part of Big East Sports anymore. Maybe call it ACC Snowmobile Show! Hahaha. Just kidding).
SnomoDesigner

Re: 2015 Sneak Peek

Postby JohnPrusak » January 23rd, 2014, 10:01 am

The ACC Snowmobile Show -- HA! -- I like it!

RE: ACat, the snowmobile sneak peek tour is strictly a buy-in process that each year is reviewed by the marketing folks at each of the four snowmobile manufacturers. You may remember that, a couple of years ago, Ski-Doo decided to do its own tour that was separate from the other three manufacturers, but then it came back to the pack last year. Now, it appears Cat may try its own thing -- officials there haven't told us their direct plans, but yes, it does appear that they have opted out of the Sneak Peek tour this year. I suppose it's like anything else marketing related: One year Brand X will decide to have a television ad campaign promoting their stuff, but then the next year they'll try to reach snowmobilers another way... I personally am not taking it as a sign of strength or weakness on Cat's part, just people trying something different.
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Return to Dear Snow Goer