Subscribe Today

Question for J.P. at Snow Goer

If you have something to take up with the Snow Goer staff, place your message here.

Question for J.P. at Snow Goer

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » January 5th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Why isn't there a story on Corey Davidson's win at Pine Lake this past weekend? He's a shoe in for the Snowmobile Hall of Fame when he decides to hang up the helmet. The fellow was winning back in the early 90's and continues to win in year 2016. Can't come up with to many fellows that can claim that in Pro Class. Think the fellow deserves a little ink on his accomplishment. I sort of think he may have another big win later this year on his new ride Ski-Doo
Spy-Guy 74

Re: Question for J.P. at Snow Goer

Postby JohnPrusak » January 7th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Thanks for the note Greg: Yeah, I happen to agree with you, that it would be great to have a story on Corey Davidson and his victory last weekend in his Ski-Doo debut. Unfortunately, we weren't there and are spread out across the country right now (hello from California, by the way!) so we haven't been able to followup on it. I am a huge fan of cross country and have been watching and taking photos of Corey for more than 20 years, and love that he's still getting it done. If you didn't see the video interview that Chad Dyrdahl did with him, it's a must-watch. Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05AM3k7ba1g

I personally remain a HUGE race fan and long for the good-old-days when we had Snow Week cranking out 18 issues a year and we had a larger staff of reporters and wouldn't miss an event line Pine Lake. Unfortunately, we're much smaller, and our readers of Snow Goer always rate snowmobile racing very low when asked what they want to see in our magazine, so we just don't get to the races like we used to. I will be on the infield at the Derby next weekend -- flag me down and introduce yourself.
JohnPrusak
Snow Goer Staff

Re: Question for J.P. at Snow Goer

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » January 8th, 2016, 12:04 am

J.P. thanks for the answer, I too miss the old Snow Week format very much. With much of the snowmobile business geared to the mountain riders, racing and race coverage seem to be sort of on the back burner most places. For a old guy like me, that's enjoyed ovals, cross country, and even snow cross from the earlier days it's sort of hard to watch how things play out.

As far as Eagle River I won't be there myself this year, sort of left with a bad taste in my mouth last year. Hopefully this year things will be more planned out and run smoothly like the old days at the Derby. I know myself when I wake up Saturday morning of the modern Derby Weekend I'll regret not going this year.

Will have drivers and sleds racing in Pro F-500, Combo class, Pro-lite, and Semi-Pro Champ and will tell them to look you up in the infield. Good Luck to all the racers, fans enjoy the show and I'll be looking for up dates for sure!!

P.S. I'll have someone stop by with a GPR Racing hat, but remember you have to wear it sometime during the Derby Weekend. I'll have my SPYS watching for sure
Spy-Guy 74

Return to Dear Snow Goer